Current web trends
Web design has has seen a dramatic change in recent years. As have the platforms used to access websites – mobile and tablet use has increased exponentially.
So what are the current web design trends?
- Responsive layouts (adapt to different screen sizes)
- Simple navigation
- Clean and minimal layout (long pages are common)
- More white-space around text and objects
- Big typography (css3 allows increased use of special font-types)
- Timely and relevant information on the homepage
- Increased use of video
- Simple graphic elements, icons and illustrations
- Good quality lifestyle and product images
- Mega footer menu for those not-so-important menu elements (i.e. quick links)
- Social features such as facebook like, sharing feature, links to social sites
- Newsletter subscription